Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Martinez Staying in Athens

Tha AJC is reporting that Willie Martinez has withdrawn himself from consideration for the FIU head coaching job. From the article... "I'm extremely flattered that Florida International called and I had the opportunity to interview," Martinez said in a statement. "But our family is very happy in Athens and I look forward to continue being part of the building process that's going on at Georgia. I think we have a lot to look forward to here." This is good news for our program. You don't want coaches from other schools telling recruits that Georgia has had 3 defensive coordinators in the last 4 years. Not to mention that the defense is pretty darn good under Martinez. For all of the complaining going on this year, myself included, Georgia finished in the top ten in total defense this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment