Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Are You Georgia?

It's the off season, so I've been tossing around a few topics that could be recurring. Here is the first...We all know about the I'm Georgia towel. I wasn't the biggest fan of the towel itself, but I did enjoy seeing former Bulldog greats proclaim, "I am Georgia!" on the jumbotron prior to games.

This got me thinking, people like Herschel are obviously Georgia. But, what about the people that aren't Georgia? So I present the first of many installments of Are You Georgia? Each time I'll include three people. The first is Georgia. The second is kind of Georgia. The final is definitely not Georgia. I'll try and rotate between sports as well. Please feel free to comment if you agree or disagree. First up is football...

I'm Ray Goff, and I'm Georgia.
I'm not sure how everyone feels about this one. Some of the younger folks may only remember him as a mediocre coach. But people, he was an SEC championship quarterback, and he loves the University. Ray Goff is Georgia.
Image from OnlineAthens.com.

I'm Durrell Robinson, and I'm Georgia...kind of.
Durrell Robinson scored the first touchdown of the 2000 season as a freshman. If I recall correctly, that was the only touchdown of his Georgia career. Robinson was a partial qualifier after being a Parade All American in high school. He never really panned out, and he ended up being dismissed from school. The most notable play of his career was the speech comm connection, via Terrence Edwards.
Image from OnlineAthens.com.

I'm Jan Kemp, and I'm not Georgia.
Boo to Jan Kemp. If you don't know who she is, here you go.
Image from ESPN.com.

5 comments:

  1. I'm Georgia...Boss Bailey. Stand out player and human being.

    I'm Georgia, kind of...Michael Greer. Decent possession receiver but couldn't keep the extracurriculars in check

    I'm not Georgia...Tony Cole. Do I need to say anything more. Hopefully this piece of garbage is rotting away somewhere in a prison cell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan Kemp is the BEST thing that ever happened to the university! Now Georgia is a leading academic institution in the entire country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon - The Hope Scholarship is the best thing that ever happened to the university. It keeps great kids in state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan Kemp is absolutely ALL Georgia! As an alum & former athlete at Georgia, I praise Jan Kemp for her efforts to clean up the admission policy. Now we have a top-notch University AND top-notch athletics, with the championships to prove it!
    Go Dawgs! And thank you Jan Kemp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going all coaches here:

    I'm Georgia...Jack Bauerle. Swimming and Diving coach is a UGA grad, led us to 3 NCAA titles, and turned down Florida's lucrative offer to take over their program several years ago!

    I'm Georgia, kind of...Tubby Smith. Could have had huge success, but still in two years, took us to 2 tournaments. Can't dislike this guy.

    I'm not Georgia...Glen Mason. Did we really hire this guy? Worked out well for us that he changed his mind.

    ReplyDelete