Friday, September 26, 2008

The Blawger Speaks for UGA

If you're a Bama fan, you're probably wondering what's going on this week. Why is Georgia wearing black? Why is Mark Richt making fun of my coach? I think there's two valid answers to these questions. Answer one is that Mark Richt does not like Nick Saban. I think it started with the SEC Championship Game in 2003. One might say that Saban's LSU Tigers ran up the score on the Georgia Bulldogs. Richt and Georgia have not lost to a Saban coached team since that game. The other answer is that you aren't just dealing with Mark Richt this week. You're dealing with Evil Richt. Evil Richt is somewhat of a new phenomenon. As a Georgia fan, I was not aware that Evil Richt existed until last season. Many people think he first poked his head out by ordering his team to celebrate in Jacksonville, but I disagree. Just the opposite. Evil Richt first appeared when his team got too excited about beating Vanderbilt. This is Georgia. We don't get excited about beating Vanderbilt.

So for you Bama fans, I'd be less worried about black jerseys, and more worried about what Evil Richt is going to do on Saturday. He'll be all over the refs. He'll get his defensive players fired up and ready to get after John Parker Wilson. He'll have his receivers ready to torch your secondary, and Knowshon ready to jump over your defense. Not just one player. Your entire defense.

I've seen Bama fans saying that Georgia is using the black jerseys to pump themselves up. "They're looking for motivation," says Bama fan 1. "They need this to get fired up, " says Bama fan 2. With all that talk, I think it shows one thing. Bama is thinking about the jerseys. If you're talking about it, you're thinking about it. Evil Richt is in your head already.

But in all seriousness, I think this is could be a great game. More along the lines of the 2002 game than 2003 or 2007 even. Both teams thrive on running the ball and stopping the run. Even though I don't believe Jack Nicholson or Diane Keaton will be in attendance...something's gotta give. Here's to hoping it's Bama's defense that will give.

Go Dawgs!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha nicely put! I hope Evil Richt shows up for Fla and Lswho later in the season..

    What I don't get is why do a lot of people say Richt is using gimmicks for Alabama.. The blackout was requested by the seniors, not the coach and I'm sick of hearing people bash Richt over it.. It seems to me they're a little worried since that's all they want to cry about..

    GO DAWGS BLACK EM OUT!

    ReplyDelete