Friday, December 15, 2006

Quincy Carter Arrested

Yikes. Quincy was arrested today on drug charges in Irving Texas. I know a lot of people will say, "Oh there's a surprise." You won't hear that from me. I always liked Quincy. Sure he didn't live up to his potential, but he was a Dawg and played his butt off. His freshman year was my freshman year. The game he had at LSU was just awesome. It was in that game that we saw the unveiling of the Patrick "Pass." Good times. I really thought having Bill Parcells as his coach in the NFL would be a good thing for him. Too bad things haven't panned out for Quincy the way we all thought they would back in the fall of 1998.
Let's hope Quincy can get his act/life back together. Image from USAToday.com.

4 comments:

  1. well guys...don't be too easy on old Quince.He brought a lot of this on himself.

    I can't disclose my sources or they wouldn't be my sources anymore
    but the Q was a well entrenched head while at UGA.He also liked to keep the company of thugs and he didn't try to hide his pot habit very well.

    Donnan looked the other way probably because he hitched his wagon to the Q and all it did was get him fired.

    Richt and Q had a meeting right after Richt came on board.That heart to heart talk led to Q packing his bags and leaving UGA as a junior.

    later,old dawg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawg or no Dawg, Quincy was an idiot that lacked the work ethic and morality to succeed. I hope he is remembered as an example of what NOT to emulate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't say Quincy was a model citizen, or a role model at that. I'm just saying that I liked him as a player, and I hope he can get his life turned around. I'm not going to give up on the guy just because he threw five picks at South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richt and Q had a meeting right after Richt came on board.That heart to heart talk led to Q packing his bags and leaving UGA as a junior.

    Whoever your inside sources are tell them they are off. They had this meeting but Quincy was out the door halfway through the 2000 season, not when CMR got there.

    ReplyDelete